Thursday 11 September 2014

Happy Cat Waving embroidered wall art

Back in July I blogged about the handmade, personalised Birthday present I made for my niece. I created a hand embroidered cushion using a picture she had drawn when she was a little girl.

I was so pleased with the result, I made another one for myself. This time I didn't make a cushion, I made a piece of wall art.

I had recently bought a staple gun and thought this would be the perfect project to try it out on. Using the same image, I hand embroidered another 'Happy Cat Waving" motif onto a piece of plain calico and then stretched it over a canvas frame. I then attached the calico using the staple gun.

I'm really happy with the final look and I'm pretty much obsessed with using my staple gun to make more wall art in the near future!

2 comments:

JoKnows said...

I love this! Absolutely love it. So sweet. :) Jo

Me, You and Magoo said...

that's really sweet of you, thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails